1. You first released music out on Spotify in 2015, your global hit Solo Dance came out in 2016, did you expect that song to blow up as big as it did?
MJ: My team and I definitely had high expectations for the single, but we never
expected it to go this far. I was so thrilled to see Solo Dance get picked up
all around the world. It was quite the time and still is!
2. You released your single Somebody I'm Not with BJORNSKOV in November of last year, tell us a little bit about that track and the collaboration involved.
MJ: Bjornskov is one of my good friends, a fantastic singer and writerÂ and Iâ€™ve
always worked with him on my music. I felt it was time to do another collaboration together and this is what came of it. Iâ€™m very happy with the result!
3. You recently made number 54 on DJ Mag's Top 100 list, how did that feel to hit that number in the list?
MJ: It was nerve wrecking! Iâ€™ve seriously never been this anxious whilst the
ranking was being announced. Reaching #54 was an amazing feeling and I celebrated it with my team the whole night.
4. Your sound is so unique, how did you come about creating the style you wanted to create and be recognized for?
MJ: I think that has to do with lots of time spent on refining my sound and
really knowing what I want. Iâ€™m very specific when it comes to the songs I like and I never settle for anything less than perfect.
5. Was music what you always wanted to do or was this something you fell into and go soaked into the love of music!?
MJ: I used to own a business who did parties for schools, birthdays, clubs and
so on. So I started as a DJ and afterwards producing. Iâ€™ve not always wanted to be a musician, but with time I knew that this was the path meant for me. Iâ€™m very happy with my choice of pursuing music now.
6. With that being said, tell us a little bit about yourself and your background.Â
MJ: I grew up in a small town called Sorring in Denmark and worked in my dads company until music became too big to focus on anything else. I was a salesman and supposed to grow into my dads position with time. I ran a business on the side which turned into Denmarkâ€™s biggest mobile party business. I later on sold it and turned full time musician!
7. Who are some artists you are looking up to and find inspiration from?
MJ: I always get inspired by the likes of Martin Garrix, The Chainsmokers, Axwell Ingrosso and so on. Theyâ€™re all amazing artists and I try to go to as many of their shows as possible to see what theyâ€™re working on.
8. Are there any artists you are currently working with or we can expect you to work with?
MJ: I have a big collaboration coming out on March 1. Stay tuned for this one.
Itâ€™s going to be a big year!
9. Since it's the beginning of 2019, we can ask, what does 2019 look like for MARTIN JENSEN?
MJ: As I said above, March 1 will mark the day of my biggest collaboration to date. Iâ€™m very excited and canâ€™t wait to show you. Furthermore Iâ€™ve been working like crazy and have so much new music to show people over the course of the year.
10. Where can we expect your name to pop up on fans radars next?!
MJ: My USA tour! Go to my tour dates and check out where Iâ€™m going next.
This will be the busiest year yet.