Autograf, Brothers Brau, djmeegs, DJ Nav, Jacq Jill, Jett Chandon, Jungle Jessi, Keenan Orr, Ken Lazee, Kinetiks MC, Lisa Moody, Moody Moore, Raha Wala, Rubble, Slant, Seany Ranks, Tezrah, Tommy Cornelis, The Jones Boys, Wayne Davis, Vanniety Kills
Did you know MARCH is BRAIN INJURY AWARENESS MONTH??
We are hosting a SPECIAL TRIBUTE to our Mama aka Annie Nguyen aka Vanniety Kills and to all of you that care so much about her!!!
As you may know, our beloved Annie (Vanniety Kills) has been seriously suffering due to a recent TBI (traumatic brain injury) in October and we are on a mission to make her recovery as focused as possible. By alleviating her medical expenses, we can allow her to exclusively focus on her healing. We hope this Fundraiser will significantly help in this mission.
Soooo …we’ve decided to organize a HUGE fundraiser party with incredible music and vibe … a community coming together for her. Nothing less for our dear Annie.
You may know Annie through the incredible parties she’s organized over the years, including, although not limited to, The House That U Built, Cadence, and OverEasy Tea Dance. We are honoring these special parties and bringing you a taste of that spirit at DC institution Eighteenth Street Lounge showcasing 3 dance areas and your favorite DJs ….
We are beyond EXCITED to share with you the talent of:
CADENCE (Living Room) 4-8:30pm
- Brothers Brau
- Ken Lazee x Slant
- Kinetiks MC
- Moody Moore x Jungle Jessi
- Rubble & Ranks
OVEREASY TEA DANCE (Patio) 4-8:30pm
- Jacq Jill
- Keenan Orr
- Tommy Cornelis
THE HOUSE THAT U BUILT (Gold Room) 4-10:30pm
- Louis Kha [ Autograf / Mama’s Baby Brother]
>> DJing a special Vanniety Kills-inspired set
- Jett Chandon x DJ Nav
- Lisa Moody
- djmeegs x Raha
- The Jones Boys
- Wayne Davis
**$15-20 TICKETS: https://residentadvisor.net/events/1220070
1st release +1 Raffle Ticket = $15 until 2/14
2nd release + 1 Raffle Ticket = $20 until 3/2
$20 at the door
Raffle tickets $5/each or 5 for $20
There will also be a RAFFLE with INCREDIBLE PRIZES announced by host/emcee Debra Alfarone!!!! You can purchase your raffle tickets: 1) in advance online when your purchase you event ticket OR 2) in person at the event :) More details SOON!
Incredible RAFFLE PRIZES include:
- 2 GA Tickets w VIP wristbands to MASSIVE ATTACK at The Anthem
- Hotel Stay & Wellness Package at EATON HOTEL $495 value
- Hotel Stay & Breakfast in Bed at The LINE HOTEL
- 1 Month FREE Membership to VIDA FITNESS
- 1 Hour Session with a Health Coach/Personal Trainer from Santé To You (2)
- 1 Hour Audio & Video Podcast Session with HEARTCAST MEDIA
- DC Brau Brewing Company Swag Bag
- A League Of Her Own – $50 gift certificate & ALOHO tshirt
- Republic Restoratives – 4 free distillery tours w tastings & glasses
- Meliora Pet Care – 2 $50 gift certificates for Dog walks & Cat care visits
- HEMP KETTLE TEA COMPANY Tea Kit
- Guestlist to DEEP SUGAR Baltimore & DC
Fabulous SALON SERVICES from:
- Frankie Sanderson of The Studeo, DC
- Tyler Lee Larish of The Shop at Shaw, DC
- Sierra Ocampo of The Shop at Shaw, DC
- The Elders of Soul Love Salon, Baltimore
Awesome GIFT CERTIFICATES to:
- Flash, table for 4 w comp bottle $400 value
- El Techo $150
- Prather’s on the Alley $100
- Hank’s Oyster Bar $100
- Himitsu $100
- Al Crostino $100
- Dodge City $100
- The Liberty Tavern $50
- Lyon Hall $50
- Bump & Grind $50
- Rito Loco $50
- Northside Social
- Liberty Barbeque
- Zeba Bar
Beautiful ORIGINAL ARTWORKS from:
- Carlos B Lopez ( Symmetrical)
- Jeremy Arn
- Nicole Clark
- Trei Ramsey
- Huong Dinh
….AND MORE EXCITING PRIZES!!!!!
Annie / Vanniety Kills will not be attending this event due to the nature of her injury. She suffered this setback while sharing her gifts and her light with her community – while giving others a space to feel safe and empowered. Now, it’s time for her community to show her how much we love, appreciate and believe in her by making her feel safe and empowered in return.
If you are unable to attend the event but still would like to donate, here is a link to her GoFundMe where you can also learn more about Annie and her condition:
We thank you for your kindness and generosity and we can’t wait to dance with you and share our love for our DEAR MAMA!
#changeyourmind #braininjuryawarenessmonth #dearmama #teamannie #vannietykills #TBIawareness #healmama #tbi
Submit a photo gallery
Was there a problem with the event?
Contact RA ticket support hereMore Info at: https://www.gofundme.com/annie-vanniety-kills-recovery-fund