Sign In for your personalized experience!
My artist name is Norman Andretti AKA Quarill,and I would like to introduce myself as an upcoming Techno DJ/producer from Hungary.
My very first experience with decks was when I was about 13 years old. By the time my musical taste was effected mostly by harder club styles which were popular back then, such as Hard-house, Hardcore and of course the compilations of the famous Thunder- and Terrordomes. These were the ones I`ve grown upon. I haven`t got any instrumental background, except a little drum knowledge.
Ever since I can remember I`ve been influenced by Techno music. I`ve started my producing career about 6 years ago, because I felt that I had to make something lasting for the future generations and also wanted to make the Techno scene a bit better by giving something new…so I stared using FL Studio.
My first projects sounded quite amateur but all the advices I was getting by the time, was just enough to keep me going and keep improving. After many years I`ve tried all the most popular music making softwares but I couldn`t find the freedom in them I was looking for, that`s why I sticked to FL.
After many sent e-mails and demos, I managed to get in touch with Mirzinho, owner of the legendary TechArt and Propeller Records. He was the one who gave me the first opportunity to have a release on his label (Norman Andretti – Back to business EP). After that there was no chance to stop. I felt patronized and I think that`s one of the most uplifting feeling of this “job”. In a few months I got in direct contact with all the biggest names of the scene, which I`m really proud of.
Style-wise I would put myself on the edge of funkytechno, hardgroove and percussive disco techno, but as I have to keep up with the trend I listen, play and produce tech-house and minimal as well. I also deputize Hardtechno and Schranz because I just can`t grow out of the headbanging slicer, but I still don`t feel myself skilled enough to start producing this last two.
As a DJ I didn`t have much success in the past, because I didn`t get many chances, but in the future I`m looking forward to rock all the biggest crowds on the planet who`s hungry for my dynamism.
Discography (not in chronological order):
- DJ Cristiao – Nice Summer (Norman Andretti AKA Quarill rmx) (Technologik Rec.)
- Dj Cristiao – Mambo (Norman Andretti AKA Quarill rmx) (Starstraxx Rec.)
- Proteck – Industrialize Me (Norman Andretti AKA Quarill rmx) (Technologik Rec.)
- Dirty Old Ann (Bootleg mix) (Carnage Productions Rec.)
- Sweet Donna (Bootleg mix) (Carnage Production Rec.) (Forthcoming)
- Into the night (Bootleg mix) (Carnage Productions Rec.) (Forthcoming)
- Snapper (Bootleg mix) (C11) (C-Series) (Forthcoming VINYL)
- FuNkYtOnE – Little latin Party (Bootleg mix) (TPB Rec.)
- GabeeN – Sunrise (Quarill rmx) (Reiz Musik Rec.) (Forthcoming)
- Rob J.- A tribe called Robbie (Norman Andretti AKA Quarill rmx) (AK Rec.)
- Fuma Funaky – Bring the Techno (Nomran Andretti AKA Quarill rmx) (Saphir Rec.)
- Norman Andretti – Back to Business EP (TechArt Rec.)
- Norman Andretti – Back to Business EP (The Remixes) (TechArt Rec.)
- Norman Andretti AKA Quarill – Top Of the Iceberg EP (Corrupted Rec.)
- Norman Andretti AKA Quarill vs. Christian Peak – Endemic Species EP(Forthcoming)
- Norman Andretti AKA Qurill vs. Mark Rey – Funky sluts EP (Groove Soldiers Rec.)
- Norman Andretti AKA Quarill – Tidy by nature EP (Disturbulance Rec.)
- Norman Andretti AKA Quarill – Dallas Incident (Unaffected Various) (Forthcoming)
- Norman Andretti – Funkytone I. (Sound of stars various) (Starstraxx Rec.) (Forthcoming)
- Norman Andretti AKA Quarill vs. Code Icarus – Mindreader EP (Technologik Rec.)
- Norman Andretti AKA Quarill – FUNKtional MalFUNKtion EP (Unaffected Rec.) (Forthcoming)
- Norman Andretti AKA Quarill – Crush my decks EP (Sexy Grooves Rec.) (Forthcoming)
- Norman Andretti AKA Quarill – Stompbox EP (Propeller Rec.) (Forthcoming)