Sign In for your personalized experience!
I FREAK DA RHYTHM DJ NAQ is currently resident in 2 clubs in Thailand. The FUSION CLUB in Lamai (www.fusionclubsamui.com) and the MONKEY BAY Beach at Chaweng Koh Samui.
It was in the year of 1990 when Naq started spinning in his home town in Belgium. This amazing talent came to light when he started throwing his own parties, which included bringing the top DJs in Belgium & Europe to perform. More often than not held at unique locations like castles & out door events. His DJ techniques developed a great deal after he started spinning at the Chapelle as a resident DJ in 1995/96 along with monthly party concepts .Welcome 1997. The next five months were spent in Benidorm,. where things started to move a hell of a lot quicker. Bouncing from Amnesia to Penelope then onwards to Pacha.1997 also included 6 months on the Isles of Teneriffe. Up next was a quick trip to the deserts of South Africa. The reason? To play at the Desert Storm Festival 1997, 1000km south of Johannesburg in front of 4000 people crowd.This ended up being the beginning of his career in South Africa, where he stayed for 5 years.Naq really enjoyed South Africa and it was very hard for him to get back to Belgium. It was a magic place for him, a crossroad of cultures in Naq’s World. Meeting people from all over the world was the main idea and this is what carved the groove into his mind, and how his concept “I Freak Da Rhytme” began. Bouncing back to Belgium in 2002 until 2004, Naq carried the I Freak Da Rhytme concept and started implementing it with great success. In September 2004 Naq picked up the pace and went straight to China where he settled down and played in most of the top clubs there including; True Colors, 1+1, Top 10, Night
Thailand. 2006 Naq became the resident DJ at some of the best clubs in Shenzhen, made the Dewar’s Whisky DJ tour, and toured China through 26 cities.December 2007 Naq toured Australia , it was here in Melbourne he met and lived with Dj K.Y.P who introduced him to The Melbourne Trance and Hard Dance scene. Experiencing the famous Melbourne underground culture of rave music and dance as seen in Clubs like PHD (Pure Hard Dance) 3D and the newly famous New Years Day Beautiful Day Party hosted also by PHD. After some small underground party’s like the monthly Peppermint party with Dj K.Y.P at Melbourne , Naq played in some club’s like Rusty lounge bar , Homebass ( Geelong’s Best house club) and every friday at StarGarden in Melbournes famous Chapple Street, Sth Yarra, a concept of progressive, tech house and trance presented by Bass Australia. March 2008 saw NAQ heading back to China with some new ideas and a fresh approach to start working on his concept Electchine with his partner Dove to bring you some groovy tracks with some asian influences.
Points of Interest:
● Resident DJ at Chapelle (1995 & 1996 Belgium)
● Guest DJ at PACHA (1997 // Spain)
● Guest DJ at Amnesia (1997 // Spain)
● Guest DJ at Penelope (1997 // Spain)
● Desert Storm Festival (1997 // South Africa)
● Resident DJ at Kriptom (1997 & 1998 // South Africa)
● Belgium hottest DJ export for DreamScape NYE 1998 ( New year 1998 // south Africa)
● Fantazia Festival (1999 // South Africa)
● Rustle Valley festival (1998, 1999, 2000 & 2001 // South Africa)
● Black Flys & Dark Dog Tour (2000 // South Africa)
● Bico festival (2002 // Belgium)
● Various Guest appearances at China’s major nightclubs (2006 // China)
● Resident DJ at True Color Club (2004 // China)
● Resident at Manhattan Club (2006 // China)
● Resident DJ at Fusion Nightclub (2006 // Thailand)
● Dj Tour for Tsingtao Beer ( 2007 // China)
● Resident Dj at STARGARDEN ( 2008 // Australia )
NAQ has played in:
Belgium – Germany – Holland – France – Spain – Luxembourg – South Africa – Zimbabwe – Mozambique – China – Macao – Thailand – Hong Kong – Austraila – Thailand – Bali -