We sat down with the rising star duo ATLIENS crawling into your reality at a festival near you. Don't let the masks fool you, these incredibly talented and goofy guys hidden behind metallic masks allows you to enter into a world of unknown. Their music lets you escape the realities of the world and that is exactly what they are hoping for. Check out what else they had to say below!
1. You two have been rapidly growing lately, how did you guys get to where you are today? Where did it all start?
Hard work and always moving forward is key. We've been friends since we were little kids and always knew we wanted to do music. Picked up guitars at a young age, joined a few bands, decided to venture into a new genre and haven't stopped producing since.
2. What was the inspiration for Alchemy? You have hinted towards alter-realities in other interviews, but is there more to it than that?
The fact that Alchemy is a mixture of science and the occult being used together in order to create has always been fascinating to us.
3. 'Alchemy' is a trap track that sort of envelopes you when you listen to it, was this a type of reaction you guys were hoping for from it?
We wanted Alchemy to bring people on a journey when they listened to it. Whether its a journey to the grocery store or a journey to the woods to perform some type of ritual is up to the listeners hahaha.
We've got sooooooo many dates lined up this year so far its really hard to pick favorites. Lots of dope venues, dope cities, and some international tours we can't say too much about just yet ;)
5. Where do you hope your future takes you over the next few years? Where do you hope you are in your career?
All we can hope is that we're further along our journeys and making people dance with our music. We just want everybody to be down with the movement.
6. Last unrepresented question, but a very valuable one. What is the craziest, wildest, most memorable thing you have ever done, witnessed, or been a part of since starting your career?
Hmmmmm, that's a tough one. There are so many moments it's hard to pick one. I think overall its still a shock we travel the world and play our music to so many people who just simply love music. Sometimes we are in the crowd after or before our set and will just strike up a convo with people and somewhere in that ATLiens will get brought up and we'll have a full blown conversation about and they will never know that it is us. We have fun with it and most of the time it is truly humbling to hear what fans think.